Okay, I needed to get that out of my system. I’ve been bouncing off the walls all evening. Why, you ask? Well, today I spent a small part of the evening speaking to my best friend from school.
This is important. Those of you who know me, know how terrible I am at keeping in touch; I’m talking mind-numbingly, earth-shatteringly bad. So, after school, as with most of my friends (except those that lived around me), I fell out of touch when we got to college. We spoke a few times a year (I remember a year when we literally only spoke to each other on our birthdays), discussing girlfriends and the like, making vague plans to meet, which obviously never happened.
He’s been in the States for a while, and recently, I’d been trying to in touch with him, to tell him something I’d much rather say in person. Anyway, that wasn’t meant to be, and I told him over a ping that I hoped he’d see soon and respond to.
And respond he did. By calling me. Clear across the globe. We skyped for a bit, but his connection was wonky. So he called me, from his cellphone, in the United States of America. And that shit costs money. So I said I’d only talk to him for a couple of minutes. And then we talked for half an hour (no, seriously. 29 minutes and 22 seconds. That shit costs money).
And it felt farking brilliant. Through the call and since, I’ve been hopping around the house with this mad grin on my face (it’s still here, 6 hours later). Since then, I’ve been drowning in this ridiculously superawesomebrilliantastic ocean of nostalgia. I’m stuck in, and never want to get out of, a never ending stream of elocution competitions (we were both good, he more so than I) and self-made comics (I seem to remember him doing all the work, yet somehow it was our comic) and English periods and ohgod.
And, as my conversations with him in recent times have made clear, I know he will read this. So anna, here’s a few things just for you:
- I hope I talk to you at least a couple of times a week.
- I’m dead serious about helping with the ideas you said you needed.
- The Li’l Lady has informed me that enough is enough and she simply HAS to meet you now that she’s heard so much about you (I cannot believe that because of my idiocy, you’ve never actually met her, in ALL these years).
- I feel like you should know about her, too, so I’m going to bore you to death talking about her.
- You talked about moving back here after your course is done. If that happens, I’m going to hope fervently that you stay here, in Bombay, and I’d want to have you over all the time, because…
- Like an idiot, I’ve only just realised how much I miss having you around.
It’s now three am, and I’m still wide awake, too excited to sleep, and still with a stupid smile plastered on my face. So all you people sleep, I’m going to be going WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! in my head a little while longer.