Tuesday 8 July 2008

People who don't watch too many movies should be made to sit together and complete each others' most favourite famous dialogues. What you'll get?

Ek chutki sindoor....
Er... aadmi ko hinjada bana sakta hai?

38 member protest rally:

Keetarp Aidonak said...

for the record, it's 'aadmi ko hijada bana deta hai'

(iThink)

jhayu said...

But isn't it pronounced with *heenj* as in *heeng* as in asafoetida?

Keetarp Aidonak said...

as far as i have heard it , there is no 'n' before the 'j'

Mudra said...

Jayant, hijada is hijada - it's pronounced exactly the way we (Kannu & I) are spelling it here.

Also, result came? Joy came? What you got? :D

Keetarp Aidonak said...

mudra, this 'hijada' line is exactly what came. what followed was the decision to make some more lines like these. what followed that was a spell of blankness and then, a realisation that such things come at the spur of the moment.

and we needed some1 like bhavin to help out big time :P

jhayu said...

Sorry to break up your little conversation here, but I'm just going to say that that's how I and most of the people I know pronounce it. And result came, I'm still waiting on the joy. Or my marksheets. Either one will do. Both would be preferred.

Ani said...

Both would be preferred.
How convenient :P

jhayu said...

Ani, you're ideally supposed to comment on the post, not the comments. =P

Mudra said...

@ani: What's with the incessant sarcasm?

@jayant: I hope "What you'll get?" was intentional.

(Fights in comments-section!! Let's start!)

jhayu said...

*lost little puppy dog face* "What you'll get" is wrong?

Mudra said...

@jayant: Shouldn't it be "What'll you get?" (In the question form, that is. In a sentence, "What you'll get is a slap" seems fine.)

Mudra said...

(purely illustrative example, of course).

jhayu said...

Damn I hate that one doesn't get tonal inflections through the internet. It's in that tone that I would use if I were replying to a question worded the same way by you.

Mudra said...

What you'll ge-aet? (nodding-head-up-and-down-type modulation?

Ani said...

@mudra.
mike-check.

jhayu said...

@ Mudra.
No, the kind where it's like a conversation between you and me and you can only see what I'm saying (the unfairness of that being an entirely different issue that I don't feel we should be getting into here). Get it? *please get it, please get it, please get it...*

jhayu said...

@ Ani.
*wtf*??

Mudra said...

@jayant: Er, ok, maybe, but, um, fine, well.. okay.

@ani: Who... is Mike? (Sorry, couldn't resist). But seriously, what?

jhayu said...

@ Ani.
I agree. Seriously. What?

@ Mudra.
Come on! I need you to get this... It's the kind of tone in which I would say, "What you'll get? What you'll get, my dear sirs and ladies, is the greatest spectacle ever...."-types.

Ani said...

mic?

Mudra said...

@Jayant: Yeah!! Now I get it! Woohoo! Aren't you enjoying the barrage of comments?

jhayu said...

@ Ani.
Shut up.

@ Mudra.
Yay!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! And yes, 21 (make that 22) comments. My highest ever! Now *this* is what a blugger lives for (*please* get the two words I've combined here...).

Ani said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microphone

Mudra said...

@Jayant: Bluddy Blogger, yesno? And I totally know the feeling. Even if everything in the comments section is completely irrelevant to the post. :D

@Tagat: The question isn't whether a microphone (thanks, we know what it is) is a mike or a mic, the question is why you brought it up at all. :P

Ani said...

Well, last of all, a mic-check is what someone does when for warm up.
I assume you would have got that.
My bad :P

Mudra said...

Or Blogging Bugger!

Mudra said...

@Tagat: Ah... Damn.

jhayu said...

@ Mudra.
Blogging Bugger is dead on.

@ Ani.
All Global Warming and no melting icecaps... *tsk tsk*

Mudra said...

@Jayant: Yay

@Ani: Yeah, actually, what is "when for warm up"? :P (I'm in a ragging mood today)

Ani said...

Well if the Master overlord agrees, then the global warming to take effect then it shalt be done.
But since I had to vamoos for better reason, I couldn't begin.

(if you've noticed, I'm already done :P)

jhayu said...

If I may just point out to all parties involved, what came of the original argument?

Mudra said...

@Jayant: What was the original argument? *puzzled*

@ani: It's like you speak a different language altogether. :-\

Ani said...

@Mudra
Thank you for telling me, I can now add to my oh-so-important resume when I become Mr Senior :P

jhayu said...

The original argument, Mudra, is over the pronunciation of the word 'hinjada'.

Mudra said...

It's hijada. Seriously, Jayant, believe us on this.

Q- What would Jayant call a crazy eunuch?
A- Unhinged hinjada.

Lol.

jhayu said...

Mudra, you're slipping. And I'm telling you, that's how I say it, that's how all my friends have said it, heck, that's even how my family in Delhi says it!

Mudra said...

Maybe you use it so often that you've got them saying it wrong now too.

Why do you use it so often, lil Jhayu? Bad manners, I'll tell your mummy.

jhayu said...

Jeez!!!!! AAAAAAAA!!!! *runs screaming into the void*

That's how *EVERYONE* says it!!!

Post a Comment

Talk, my friend. Now that you've read this section, the urge to speak has increased. I know. It's all right. It happens...
Stop fighting it. Talk.